Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Soul: Change

It's really outstanding how sometimes our perspectives and goals in life might take a complete turn. a few months ago I was extremely stressed doing what I have been doing for ages since graduation back in 1993, which is teaching literature and elementary ESL courses for both teens and adults. I was working on my PhD proposal in order to pursue an academic career at private universities in Cairo/Egypt. One day, I chatted with a student of mine who is a movie critic about publishing some personal articles that I wrote out of fun and love for writing critiques on life and film. She offered me the chance to show my work to her editor in chief at a small local film magazine in Arabic. He happened to be looking for someone who masters Arabic/English to fill in for the western film critiques section. My articles got published in three consecutive editions and there was two more getting ready for print while I was moving with my family to Dubai and leaving everything behind. I'm writing about this because now I only want to write professionally and I have no clue where to start. Ironically enough, I started discovering the pleasure of blogging and it's my soul's satisfaction at the moment. Soon, I should try and find a way to accomplish my new goals. Now, I must settle for the practice until the real thing.

No comments: